Text message marketing is the ongoing process of communicating business news, sales, promotions or other relevant information to your customers or prospects via SMS (short message service) text messages on their mobile devices. It is a type of digital marketing strategy that helps build brand awareness on a more personal level.
Is text marketing legal for businesses? The TCPA is the primary anti-telemarketing law and the leading regulator of SMS marketing. Under the TCPA, businesses may not send messages to consumers without their consent. As consumers opt in to SMS marketing campaigns, they must receive clear, conspicuous disclosure of the text messages they will receive.
Research shows that SMS open rates are as high as 98%, compared to just 20% of all emails. Furthermore, 75% of people have suggested that they’d be happy to receive an offer via SMS – this is why 65% of marketers say that SMS marketing is a “very effective” method for them.
Follow these rules to write a professional text message that builds trust:
- Get explicit permission. Texting a person who hasn’t opted in can result in upset customers and hefty legal fines.
- Keep it brief. Always keep in mind, that business professionals do not have time to constantly check their texts.
- Don’t text too often. Once a day or once a week should be enough.
- Make it easy to reply. Always give a way for people to respond.
- Simplify your signature. Use your first and last name the first time and then after that, use your initials.
- Avoid slang and abbreviations. Make sure people will understand what you mean.
For assistance with text marketing for your business, contact: https://classycommunications.net/.